Caravan and motorhome insurance

Caravan and motorhome insurance is a specialised type of vehicle insurance that, unsurprisingly, is designed specifically for motorhomes and caravans. It offers coverage beyond standard policies. Embark on your next adventure with confidence, knowing you’re fully protected with our insurance solutions.

Helping businesses with insurance for over 70 years

Finding you the best cover

We have a panel of 120 insurers to discover suitable quotes and tailored cover for your needs.


Our team of insurance specialists have more than 70 years of experience in the industry.

Personalised cover

Our agents conduct a thorough fact find to understand your unique requirements, then work with insurers to get you the cover you need.

More than just insurance

Radius offers telecoms, fuel cards, telematics, insurance, electric vehicle charging, energy and vehicle solutions to businesses across five continents.

Search our panel of caravan insurers to find competitive cover

We work with a range of caravan and motorhome insurers from household names to small specialist insurers to find the best policy for your business.

AXA Logo
Aviva Logo
Allianz Logo
Lloyd's Logo
NIG Logo

How it works


The fact find

Complete the online question set or speak to one of our agents.


Search the market

We identify the policy that best suits your business requirements.


Your caravan or motorhome insured

Complete your insurance purchase online in minutes or over the phone.

Get a quote

What is motorhome insurance?

Motorhome insurance includes protection against damage or loss due to accidents, theft, fire, and natural disasters. Furthermore, it often covers personal belongings inside the motorhome, liability for injuries or property damage caused by the motorhome and may even supply roadside assistance. Not just essential because it’s a legal requirement to drive on public roads, motorhome insurance also provides comfort in the form of financial protection. Motorhomes and their fixtures and fittings are not cheap, and suitable cover is essential for protecting your investment.

Types of motorhome insurance

Motorhome insurance comes in various forms, each offering different levels of coverage to suit the diverse needs of motorhome owners. To select the right policy, it’s essential you understand the options available.

The main types of motorhome insurance include:

  • Third party: The most basic form of coverage and the minimum level legally required. It covers damage or injuries to other people and their property if you are at fault in an accident. It does not cover damage to your own motorhome.
  • Third party, fire, and theft: This includes the aforementioned coverage of third-party insurance. It also comes with additional protection against your motorhome being stolen or damaged by fire.
  • Fully comprehensive: The most extensive coverage package. It includes all the features of third-party, fire, and theft insurance and covers damage to your motorhome – regardless of who is at fault. This insurance type often contains additional features like accidental damage and windscreen cover. Contents insurance for personal belongings inside the motorhome can also be added.

What is caravan insurance?

Caravan insurance is a specific coverage type designed to protect caravans from several risks. This insurance typically includes protection against damage, loss, theft, or weather-related incidents, delivering financial security for static and moving caravans. This can cover the caravan itself, and its contents, and may also incorporate liability coverage in case of damage or injury to others caused by the caravan. While not legally required, caravan insurance is highly recommended. Not only does it protect your investment, but it also allows you to enjoy peace of mind – whether you’re travelling, or the caravan is stationary.

Types of caravan insurance

When selecting caravan insurance, it’s important to pick one that reflects the caravan you own. Whether you own a static caravan fixed in one location or a touring caravan for travelling, each has its own unique requirements.

The main types of caravan insurance are:

  • Static caravan insurance: This insurance is designed for caravans that remain in a fixed location, such as holiday parks. It typically covers damage to the caravan, theft, and sometimes contents within the caravan. Additionally, it may feature liability cover for any injuries or damage directly caused by the caravan.
  • Touring caravan insurance: This insurance is tailored for caravans towed behind a vehicle. It often includes cover for damage while on the road, theft, and accidental damage. Furthermore, it usually offers protection when the caravan is detached from the vehicle and may cover contents and equipment specific to touring. Depending on the selected insurance, coverage can be for travelling around the UK or extended abroad.

Do you need caravan insurance?

Whilst you are not legally required to purchase caravan insurance, it is advised you don’t avoid this if you’re a caravan owner. Without it, you may suffer significant financial woes if the caravan suffers damage, is stolen, or is involved in an accident. For touring caravans, it’s particularly vital due to the added risks associated with towing and road use. Insurance gives you peace of mind, where you’re assured of coverage for unexpected events and liabilities. Need help selecting the right policy for you? Get in touch with our insurance experts today.

How much does caravan and motorhome insurance cost?

The price of caravan and motorhome insurance comes down to various factors. These factors include:

  • Value of the vehicle
  • Usage frequency
  • Storage location
  • Age of the owner
  • Level of desired coverage

Motorhome insurance typically costs more than caravan insurance. This is understandable due to the value of each respective vehicle, as motorhomes are typically more expensive.

Another important factor is getting quotes for insurance coverage. With our expertise and connections, we can find you a policy that’s tailored to your needs and the most cost-effective. 

Take control of more than just caravan and motorhome insurance

Business expense management

Radius' software integrates with over 20 accounting and ERP systems. Automate administrative tasks now to save time.

Invoice management

Free app to make claims on the go

Business energy

We have extensive knowledge of the energy supply industry and can identify the best opportunities for savings.

98% of our clients stay with us

Find the best gas and electricity deal for you


Why choose Radius?

With innovative solutions built around the needs of our customers, we've established an international reputation for helping businesses grow sustainably.


Our team has over 33 years of experience helping more than 400,000 customers globally.


We are an internationally-acclaimed provider with numerous awards for our products and services.


Choose from our range of fleet, mobility and connectivity solutions that can be tailored to suit your needs.


Use our award-winning technology and services to save your business time and money.

Need help?

Can’t find what you are looking for?

The customer support team at Radius has a global reach with over 50 offices to offer local contact with an international presence. Let us know how we can help.  

Contact us

UK Fuels, Joseph W Burley and Partners and Milestone Insurance Consultants are owned by Radius Limited, with registered company number 08260702. Registered address: Eurocard Centre, Herald Park, Herald Drive, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6EG. Radius Insurance Solutions is a trading name of Joseph W. Burley & Partners (UK) Limited (registered company number 3668469 and FCA reference number 300425) and Milestone Insurance Consultants Limited (registered company number 04587285 and FCA reference number 307191). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.